For some people selecting the right gift to give during the holidays is frustrating and time consuming. We all want to give a gift that the recipient will love and enjoy using for years to come. When it comes to buying a gift for the handyman in your life the task can be a bit more complicated.
Below we offer a few simple gift ideas for your handyman that we hope will make shopping a little easier. You don’t have to break the bank to find a great gift for the handyman or woman in your life, and we think these great gift ideas will make a nice impression when opened.
- Work lamp – Extra light is important when your handyman is working on a project. A new work lamp may be just what he (or she) needs this gift-giving season. Check out some of the newer, LED models that are cool to the touch while still providing great illumination.
- Flexible flash light – Speaking of light, the handyman who works in tight spaces may not have room for a work lamp. However, a bright LED light on the tip of a flexible arm might just be the answer for shedding light on projects in small spaces
- Seat with roller – A new seat on rollers or a new creeper might be just what is needed by the guy who likes to spend a lot of time in the garage. A padded seat on roller will save their back and knees from pain and even injury, and some models even feature a handy shelf for tools.
- Jobsite power strip – There are a number or job-site rated power strips that offer a great solution to limited outlet access. A great feature is the power strip with clamp, which allows the user to affix the power strip to a ladder, stud, rafter or saw horse and keep plugs off a wet surface.
- Multi-material drill bits – A set of multi-material drill bits allows a handyman to keep working without having to switch out bits when changing between wood, masonry, concrete, metal and other materials. This is a huge time saver.
Here’s a BONUS gift idea! Go out and purchase a Gift Card to your local hardware or warehouse retailer. This simple, yet thoughtful gesture allows the handyman on your gift list the opportunity to go out and select exactly what they need. Sometimes this is the best gift for your handyman, and you won’t have to worry about getting the wrong size, model or brand of tool or accessory.
Here’s one last tip before heading out to the store in search of the best gift for a handyman. Listen carefully when he or she talks about their latest project or the next project they are planning as this may help provide you with some good gift ideas.
We hope these gift giving tips are helpful, and you find the perfect gift for the handyman in your life.