There’s nothing like a slight chill in the air or the smell of the harvest to let you know that fall has arrived. That cozy feeling you get while wearing your favorite knit sweater or the warmth from a cup of tasting cider. We want to experience those emotions everywhere during the fall, especially at home.
With a few autumn touches, you will have residential interior and exterior home improvements that will look great this fall and for many seasons ahead. It’s so easy to connect with the season. The home remodeling and renovation experts at Reliable Home Improvement provide residents with these updates, and we have the resources to give you that perfect fall aesthetic.
Not sure where to begin? Our team has put together a list of some of the most popular fall design trends for 2021. Let’s take a look!
Fall Interior Design Trends
- Keep it traditional – From gourds to pumpkin spice, there is an affinity for connecting with the earth during the fall season. This time of the year, the ground has turned to deep oranges, browns, and creams. Choose likeminded tones that are subtle yet rich for your interior décor choices. If you plan to paint, a base layer in beige or chestnut will remain classic throughout the year. A natural grain wood floor can add to the traditional look and feel. For the fall, select faux leaves, apples, and a cornucopia for decorative pieces, which can all be easily replaced for the holidays when winter arrives.
- Stay snug – The time for thin, wispy fabrics from the summer has passed. Put them away and pull out the textured, flannel blankets and wraps for a cozy nap by the fireplace or to read your favorite book. Fall comfort applies to every area of your home. To get in touch with the season, find your perfect spot to lounge, whether it be with a plush fainting couch for your living room or a restful nook near the window that overlooks a field being plowed.
- Give yourself some space – It’s an amazing feeling to have a little more legroom and one of the most common fall home renovations is an update to your kitchen and dining area. You have your cozy corner, but you will also want space to enjoy the season with family and friends. This includes more area to bake pies and cookies, or to host a party around your kitchen table at Thanksgiving.
This kitchen-diner makes use of the island and the dining room to seat plenty of guests.
Fall Exterior Design Trends
- Invest in rustic façades – The use of rustic materials for your home’s exterior is a classic choice for any home. These types of materials include wood, stone, metal, and brick, which can be mixed and matched. For example, you might select hearty wood panels or accents to compliment stone walls, while an iron door handle or railing protects the entrance to your home. For brick, traditional hand-laid masonry is beautiful. You might even consider having your brick professionally painted.
- Up your curb appeal – From natural plants to flower boxes, there are a wide variety of ways to upgrade your home’s exterior. Taking control of your landscaping is the first step and the most important one. With a well-manicured lawn, fresh mulch, and plants that are cared for, you will be off to a great start. Improving your front porch can also help your curb appeal. Many porches lack character. You may already have a good foundation to start with. Adding overhangs, columns, or railings creates a more enticing visual. If you have the area, extend your porch across the width of your home. Not only will it look great, but you will have another area to sit and relax.
- Add pops of autumnal color – Similar to the rich tones you would select for your home’s interior, fall colors can upgrade an exterior appearance, as well. Splashes of green, auburn, and red go great in outdoor décor pieces. Pumpkins, scarecrows, and hay bales are the obvious choices for the season, but don’t be afraid to take it up a notch. Natural garlands with pine, cranberry, colorful leaves, and branches can liven up your porch. Adorable outdoor furniture pieces such as benches or wicker chairs are also perfect for taking in the autumn air.
Home Improvement Experts for Fall and Every Season
Invigorate your home with a sense of calm this fall. If you need assistance making changes to your house’s interior or exterior, the team at Reliable Home Improvement can help. Since 1967, we have proudly served the residents of Chicagoland with home additions and renovations that provide comfort and appeal. Our improvement experts have the skills and experience to meet your renovation needs. To get started, contact us today or learn more by calling 630-579-6600.