A small bathroom can still become the luxurious haven you dream of with some top small bathroom remodeling tips.
If you are remodeling a small bathroom, there is plenty to consider, but one of the most common questions we hear is “How do I make the most of the space I have?”. We are able to help you think through every aspect of your bathroom design to create a look you’ll love.
Magnify with Mirrors
Choosing to include a large mirror, particularly a floating vanity that won’t take up precious space, can make your small bathroom appear to expand. Lighting above the mirror can also reflect throughout the room for a bright, enlarging effect.
Mirrors and lighting can help give a small bathroom the illusion of more space.
Sleek Shower Style
When remodeling a small bathroom, choosing the right shower can go a long way towards saving space and creating a seamless overall appearance.
- Opt for a shower curtain or sliding glass door to minimize the space taken up by your shower
- Choose glass shower doors so the shower area and main bathroom appear as one.
- Continuous tiling over the floor or walls, into the shower area, can also prevent a segmented look
A glass shower door keeps the flow of the bathroom smooth.
Choose a Trough Sink
Choosing the right sink is an easy way to save on bathroom space.
- A trough sink can be just as practical for most people’s needs, and is a stylish choice for anyone looking to maximize the space they have
- Consider shelving or woven baskets for storage under the sink
- Choose a wall mounted faucet to save even more space.
A trough sink or floating vanity can help save space from a bulky vanity.
Storage and Accessories
Having a storage strategy is essential for any small bathroom makeover. Here are a few storage hacks to consider to keep your small bathroom looking tidy.
- Add a towel bar to your shower door
- Choose built-in shelves behind your bathtub or shower
- Add a wall cabinet to save on floor space
- Fill a spare corner with a storage tower for rolled towels.
Overhead storage shelving frees up valuable floor space.
Play Tetris with your Layout
If you are starting from scratch with a small bathroom remodel, there may be countless space-saving layout options you are yet to think of. Simple changes can make a huge difference to the overall look and feel of your bathroom. Extending the counter over the toilet, or choosing curved counter corners are just a couple of small suggestions that can go a long way to making the most of the space you have.
Contact the bathroom remodeling professionals at Reliable Home Improvement for more priceless space-saving solutions for your next remodel!