Here are the top trends in Sunroom Additions
Even though Summer is starting to fade and the crisp chill of Fall is just around the corner, there is no need to give up that outdoor feeling in the colder months. Sunrooms and All-Season rooms are great home additions to extend your outdoor time throughout the entire year.
Sunrooms are increasingly becoming one of the most popular home additions and for very good reason. Not only are they a great place to relax and enjoy the feeling of being outside, but they also provide great value to the home by extending the livable space.
Here are some of the top Sunroom trends to keep in mind when styling your space:
With the additional living space, make sure to include furniture that serves the purpose and goal of your new space.
- Bring the outdoors in: Combine traditional outdoor furniture like wicker or rattan with indoor pieces to give the illusion of being outdoors.
- Keep it in the color family: Complement the rest of the house by including furniture that sticks within the same color palettes. This will bring a cohesive look and feel to the entire house.
- Have a Purpose in mind: Decide exactly what you want the purpose of the sunroom to be and design around that goal.
With additions, flooring can also be an issue. You want to make sure that the addition fits well with the original integrity of the house.
- Keep it functional: Sunrooms will most likely be well-trafficked from outside. Consider a flooring that will stand up to the elements and can be cleaned easily
- Keep it consistent: With all additions keeping the flooring consistent throughout the house or having a complementary flooring will help to keep the flow from indoor to outdoor seamless.
- Utilize Rugs: Rugs are a great way to easily change up the look of the sunroom while creating a cozy atmosphere.
All in the Details
Adding in those personal touches will truly create a space uniquely yours.
- Warm it up: Use portable fireplaces or space heaters to utilize the space well into the winter months
- Get Green: Bring the outside in with different plants. Not only do they look great, but they also help keep the air in the room clean
- Personal Touch: Don’t forget to put your own personal touch on the space to make it yours. Bring in accessories and other items to complete the space
If you are in need of adding some valuable space to your home, consider a sunroom or all-season room addition.
Contact the professionals at Reliable Home Improvement to get started.