It’s that time of year where some of us are glowing with pride, having kept up our New Year’s Resolutions, while others have long forgotten plans that felt a bit too challenging. As spring draws near, it’s the perfect time to reassess our homes and re-commit to the challenges that remain worthwhile. We’ve created this home to-do list of big and small improvement ideas, to help you stay on track and make the most of your vision this year.
Make Space to Work and Play
If you’ve been spending more time at home, maybe it’s time to change up your space with some fresh ideas.
- Create the perfect home office to make working from home enjoyable, comfortable and productive.
- Get active with an exercise room to stay healthy, without the need to visit the gym.
- Consider a basement bar, or upgraded kitchen for a luxury dining experience.
Build a Deck to Enjoy the Outdoors
- Building a deck or patio can ensure you embrace the summer months, and have space to entertain guests outside.
- A home addition with large windows or a sunroom that looks out on to your garden area can also enable you to bring light from the outside in.
A deck can enable you to enjoy your outdoor space.
Make Cleaning Easy
- Touch-free technology is becoming increasingly popular. Motion-sensor lights, faucets and more can help you reduce the number of high-touch areas in your home and make washing your hands easier and more efficient.
- Showers are in-demand. If you’re wondering what to do before listing your home, upgrade your shower, rather than your bath.
Add On-Trend Details
Sometimes, the details can make all the difference. The following on-trend design ideas can add something special to your home.
- Upgrade hardware to make the most of popular brushed finishes.
- Bring natural beauty to life with gorgeous wood accents.
- Invest in mid-century furniture – it’s perfectly on-trend and comfortable.
- Add a fresh coat of paint: warm colors are leading the way in terms of popularity this year.
If you want to show your love for our planet, the following ideas can help you do just that:
- Invest in solar panels to get the most out of your sunshine.
- Add upgrading your windows to your home to-do list, to minimize energy consumption and help keep your home the perfect temperature, year-round.
Make Every Inch of Your Space Beautiful
There’s no reason why every room in your home shouldn’t fit your exact needs.
- Add often-forgotten spaces to your home improvement to-do list; consider upgrading your guest bedroom or investing in a luxury laundry room.
- Remodel or finish your basement to make the most of bonus space.
Work with a Reliable Remodeling Team
From on-trend kitchens to beautiful bathrooms, home additions and basement renovations, Reliable Home Improvement can craft your dream home. Come to us with your home improvement to-do list and receive exceptional results.